Estrogen And Manboobs
- Keep in mind that it’s very unlikely any one single method on its own will suddenly retract your man boobs
- It’s far more likely that your man boobs are there because your body is being bombarded with estrogenic inﬂuences from every direction. The best way to combat this is by declaring a full-scale war against these environmental effects, and you do this by attacking estrogen and supporting testosterone in every way you can
Flaxseeds Fight Off Estrogen!
- Flaxseeds have a particularly powerful effect when it comes to lowering estrogen because they do so via multiple different mechanisms.
- They are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Just to omega-3 is the good form of polyunsaturated fat
- Estrogen in the liver can either be metabolized via the C-2, C-4 or C-16 pathway. When metabolized via the C-2 pathway, it forms 2-hydroxylated estrone. 2-hydroxylated estrone is a “good” form of estrogen that has very low estrogenic activity. Studies show that when 2-hydroxylation increases, the body resists cancer, and when it decreases, the risk of cancer increases.
-Lignan And Manboobs
- Another property of ﬂaxseeds that helps them to reduce your body’s estrogen levels, is they contain ‘lignans’. Flaxseeds contain higher concentrations of lignan precursors than any other plant.
- Like isoﬂavones, lignans are another major form of phytoestrogen. They bind to your body’s estrogen receptors and have a very weak estrogenic effect. While they’re bound to the receptor, other, more powerful human and animal estrogen, and xenoestrogens will be unable to bind to it. So lignans act as competitive inhibitors to stronger estrogen.
Flaxseeds And Fiber
- Yet another property that helps ﬂaxseeds reduce the estrogenic effect on your body, is they are a good source of the fermentable, ‘prebiotic’ form of soluble ﬁber. Soluble ﬁber increases butyrate production in your colon, which helps increase the excretion and reduce the re-uptake of estrogen.
Do Flaxseeds reduce Manboobs?
- In a 2005 study published in the journal Clinical Cancer Research, breast cancer patients who received a mufﬁn a day containing 25 grams of ﬂaxseed for 32 days, were found to have a signiﬁcant reduction in tumor markers and signiﬁcant increase in programmed cell death of the cancer cells. The researchers concluded that “Dietary ﬂaxseed has the potential to reduce tumor growth in patients with breast cancer.”
How To Eat Flaxseeds?
- Freshly grind in a coffee grinder
- Add it to freshly made fruit and vegetable juices.
- You can also sprinkle ground ﬂaxseeds onto your food, but do this after you’ve cooked your food. Cooking ﬂaxseeds above 120°F will destroy most of the omega-3s.
- Grind ﬂaxseeds ﬁrst to beneﬁt from the omega-3 goodness inside. Your body can’t break down the rigid outer husk of ﬂax seeds.
- After grinding, keep it refrigerated in an airtight container, else it’ll go rancid.
- ﬂaxseed oil is unstable and goes rancid very easily. That stuff can really make you feel sick, so best avoid the oil form
Plastic and Manboobs
- Many scientists have pointed toward the widespread use of plastics for being responsible for a wide range of diseases in the west.
- Polycarbonate plastic containers are known to release what are called ‘phthalates‘ into their contents
- Especially upon exposure to the sun or when heated, like in a microwave oven for example.
Phthalates And Manboobs
- Phthalates have been shown to act like estrogen in the body, and it’s highly likely that they’re one of the causes of your man boobs. So the plastic wrapper or container you hold your lunch in and the plastic water bottle you drink from when you’re on the go, are not as innocent and harm-free as you may have thought.
- Well the world is becoming more and more aware of the dangers of plastics and there are a number of sites on the internet that are selling trendy looking glass bottles and metallic bottles
Tap Water Or Bottled Water And Manboobs
- There have been many studies in the U.S., Canada and Europe, that show male ﬁsh living in the very waters we drink, are changing sex and even producing eggs, due to excess estrogens in the water.
- In 2005, a U.S. non-proﬁt organization called the Environmental Working Group, conducted a national assessment of tap water quality. They found a large number of agricultural and industrial chemicals in the nation’s tap water. These included 140 unregulated chemicals in tap water, for which the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has set no safety guidelines. These chemicals are linked to immune system damage, reproductive and developmental defects, and cancer.