Turmeric And Gynecomastia (Manboobs)
Prevalence Of Turmeric
- Turmeric has been used traditionally in India for thousands of years as a remedy for an endless list of ailments, including aches, pains, sprains, wounds, and disorders of the liver, lung, digestive system and skin. We know today that it helps treat or relieve symptoms of inﬂammatory bowel disease, arthritis, asthma, eczema, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, dementia, and so much more.
Turmeric And Estrogen
- Turmeric is one of those few natural substances that work by directly blocking estrogen receptors on the cellular level, hence having the effect of reducing the sensitivity of your breast tissue to estrogen.
- Turmeric is so powerful, that studies have suggested the effects of this herb may be equally or more effective than the pharmaceutical estrogen-lowering drug tamoxifen
- The difference is that turmeric, being a natural whole food, does not have any side effects, and it doesn’t cost much at all to buy.
Benefits Of Turmeric #1
- Turmeric also helps get rid of manboobs via multiple other different mechanisms
- As well as blocking estrogen at the cellular level, turmeric also does the following to help get rid of man boobs
- Reduces inﬂammation in your body. Chronic inﬂammation suppresses testosterone production by the Leading cells in your testes. By reducing inﬂammation, turmeric helps boost your testosterone levels.
-Benefits of Turmeric #2
- Improves insulin sensitivity. With poor insulin sensitivity, your body becomes insulin resistant. Insulin resistance has been associated with reduced testosterone production in men. Improving insulin sensitivity with turmeric means less insulin resistance, which means more testosterone
-Benefits of Turmeric #3
Improves liver function. The liver is responsible for deactivating more than 50% of your body’s estrogen, by a process called conjugation. Liver disease is a common cause of Gynecomastia. Improving liver function with turmeric will help to increase the rate of deactivation of estrogen in your body
Benefits of Turmeric #4
- It delays aging, helps improve digestion, improves joint function, strengthens your immune system, promotes healthy blood and liver function, helps control cholesterol levels, and even strengthens your bones.
- Turmeric is also known to be a powerful anti-oxidant (5-8 times stronger than vitamin E, and stronger than vitamin C), and is known for its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties
Turmeric And Weight Loss
- Improved insulin sensitivity and reduced inﬂammation are both powerful triggers for weight loss. Additionally, turmeric increases thermogenesis in your body. This increases your basal metabolic rate, so you burn more calories at rest.
- More directly, a 2009 study in the Journal of Nutrition, found that turmeric prevents fat cell differentiation, causes fat cell apoptosis (cell destruction), and further reduces the formation of fat cells by preventing angiogenesis (the growth of blood vessels needed to support new fatty tissues in your body).
Turmeric, Genes And Body Structure
- Studies have found that turmeric inﬂuences more than 700 genes in your body.
- A 2009 study in the Journal of the American Chemical Society found that even in low concentrations, cur cumin, the active component of turmeric, inserts itself deep into your cells’ membranes, and actually changes the physical properties of the membrane. It does this in such a way, that the curcumin plays a big part in controlling what goes in and out of the cell. What this means is that turmeric actually changes the very construction of your body on a cellular level!
Role Of Curcumin
- Curcumin in turmeric has by far the most evidence-based literature supporting its role against cancer.
- Turmeric is widely used in India, and it’s no coincidence that the prevalence of common cancers like breast, lung, prostate and colon cancer, is around 10 times lower in India than it is in the West. Taking prostate cancer as an example, out of every 100,000 people, 104.3 people will get prostate cancer if they live in the U.S., compared to just 4.6 people if they live in India.
Curcumin Is Not Limitless!
- Curcumin in turmeric is known to be very poorly absorbed by the body when taken on its own. Three particular ingredients that can signiﬁcantly boost the absorption of Curcumin. It just so happens that all three of these ingredients are used together with turmeric when cooking a traditional Indian curry.
Methods Of Taking Turmeric?
- Boil water in kettle, add 2 small tea spoons of turmeric in cup, add water and let it cool down before drinking. Do it up to 2-3 times a day, especially before sleeping. Taste disgusting.
- Turmeric dissolves better in home-made almond milk or yogurt. Also add black pepper and ginger for effective results. Better Taste
- Add turmeric, ginger and black pepper to your homemade chicken or meat. Mix it with a little bit of Asian ghee for better taste.
Mixing Your TBG Concoction With Oils
- If you don’t like the taste of turmeric, and prefer not to add it to your food, you can treat it like medicine and take it two to three times a day.
- For this method, you can make a Turmeric, Black Pepper and Ginger emulsion by combining a teaspoon’s worth of your TBG mixture with a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil. Since coconut oil is solid at room temperature, you can heat it up in a pan – only warm it enough for the TBG to dissolve and mix in with the oil.
Which Turmeric Shall I buy?
- You want to get yourself some high quality, organic turmeric powder. The stuff in your local grocery store might be dirt cheap, but it also comes with its fare share of contaminants – byproducts of modern, non-organic farming that uses pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers etc. Try the one mentioned below!
- TRS Foods – UK
- Indus Organics Turmeric – order from Amazon, comes from US.
- Nutrigold Turmeric Curcumin Gold – Amazon
- Organic India Turmeric Formula – Amazon
- By blocking estrogen, improving liver function, decreasing inﬂammation and improving insulin sensitivity, turmeric will also enhance all your other efforts at losing man boobs. Just having turmeric in your diet, will make your exercise, other dietary changes, and lifestyle changes more effective at ﬂattening out your chest and shrinking those puffy nipples